shelp is a Git-based package manager written in Go, primarily for shell scripts.
What is this for?
shelp, you can do the followings:
- Install any git repositories reachable with
gitcommand and organize them under
shelptreat them as packages
- Add any executable files in a package into
- Load any shell script in a package easily by
includefunction bundled in
- Manage what packages to be installed and how by the configuration file; and install them at once
- Specify any git branch or tag or commit hash for a package to install
- OS: Linux or macOS
- Bash, Zsh and most POSIX compatible shells
- fish shell
To Get Started
These guides will show you how to use
shelp step by step:
- Bootstrap ... Install and activate
shelpin your shell
- Tutorial ... Basic usage of
- Configuration ... Configure and customize
- Guide ... More usecases with
- CLI Usage ... Command reference
Latest v0.6.0 was released on 2020-06-20.
Refer to CHANGELOG.md to see difference between versions.
There are other tools to manage shell scripts in modular way like
Here are some examples:
|basherpm/basher||Bash, Zsh, fish shell|
basher inspired me to implement some features of this tool.
The MIT License.
Copyright © 2020 IKEDA Kiyoshi